29 NOV 2013 - The first Christmas market we visited this year was in the walled city of Rothenburg ob der Tauber. This historic city is one of the ultimate picturesque Christmas towns of Germany. The Christmas market itself here was fairly small, but in combination with the town itself, it made for a wonderful experience.
Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
When we first walked down the main street and noticed that nearly every store was selling some kind of Christmas stuff, we wondered whether this was just seasonal or whether it was like this all year round. Turns out, it was like this all year round. Eli wasn't too excited about being in this picture, but for the record, he was rewarded with a treat for playing along. ;)
You might say we have a "special" family. ;)
Eve: Dad, I know you're going to put me in a whole bunch of these pictures, so I'll just tell you up front that I will not look at the camera... SEE!
Eve: Acting disinterested and still not looking!
Eve: Kathe Wohlfahrt's store is on both sides of the street here. Whoa! I think there is a tourist putting his head into the mouth of the life size, toy soldier nut cracker over here. Way more interesting than looking at the camera.
Eve: The combination of Kjersti's arm, Eli's shoulder and Mom's leg makes for a super comfy pillow. Too bad I can't keep my eyes open.
Eve: Surprise Dad! No eyes! Ha, ha! Now watch me keep my eyes closed as I run through this park full of trees and hand railings!
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment