On Saturday, 26 March, we took a family trip out to Maymont Park in Richmond, VA. The park consists of a nature center, mansion and garden park. Here, Kjersti is posing by a beautiful flowering tree.
I just love the subtle smile she has here.
We spent some serious time at the petting zoo... and we shelled out a lot of quarters on animal pellets to do our part to ensure the animals won't go hungry. Way to go Eli!
Not many can say they looked goats in the eye, but Eve can. She couldn't get close enough to them. I'm pretty sure the only thing that would have made her happier was to get inside the pen and ride them until she wore herself out!
Here we see Eve "The Goat Whisperer" tending to her adopted flock.
At the Nature Center, Eli was picked to help train the otters. He loved being one of the lucky few to hold the "giant red otter trainer thingy". I'm pretty sure that was the technical term for it.
This fish ladder was like a second dream come true for Eve. Not so much because you could play with a giant red Swedish Fish, but because a lot of running water was so close to her. The only thing Eve loves more than animals is running water. I guess heaven for Eve would be playing with goats in running water... Eeesh. I hope that never happens.Here are the troops in action!
No comments:
Post a Comment