Friday, December 12, 2008

My Little Helper


So, anyone who has ever been pregnant and sick, which I am, knows that grocery shopping day is the WORST. All the smells and the food that looks so unappealing are almost more than I can handle. Well, on the way to the store today I was trying to mentally prep myself and said out loud to Eli, "Eli, you are going to have to help me today." To which he replied, "Okay Mama." I didn't think more of it until we were in the store for no less than five minutes, seriously, and he had knocked over a candy display, sent five apples tumbling to the ground and dumped out a bag of grapes by grabbing it up-side-down. Frustrated, I got down on his level and said, "What on Earth is going on today?" And with tears in his eyes Eli replied, "I help Mama." I felt like such a jerk. I apologized, gave him a hug and then proceeded to show him how to help the rest of the trip. He even helped me carry bags upstairs when we got home (after I had lightened them a bit). What a sweet little helper!

2 comments:

Sasha&Patric said...

well congratulations on being pregnant!! How sly of you to just throw it in there like the entire world knows!

The Teeples Times said...

Congrats, congrats! It seems like you guys said something about trying, but....Yea for you guys! Sorry about the nauseous part though. I know what you mean about getting upset when they're only trying to help. It happens to all of us. What a sweetheart he is!