Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pityriasis Rosea


Way back in November, Eli developed a rash like sore on his hip. I thought he may have just gotten a rug burn or something with all the crazy stunts he does and kept a bandage on it for a while. When the rash continued to get bigger and another sore developed on his neck, I took him to the doctor. They thought it was eczema and prescribed some creams for us to apply. Despite Eli's protest, we would wrestle him to the ground and apply the cream each night. The rash got worse and spread. We finally got a referral to a dermatologist last week (you've got to love military doctors) and after some testing, we finally know what is going on. Eli has Pityriasis Rosea. They think a virus causes the condition but it is not contagious. You can only get it once in your life. It may last a couple of weeks, a couple of months or even as long as a year. There is nothing you can do to treat it. So, until it decides to go away, our cute boy will be a spotted cute boy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how come no one heard about this ealrier?

Krista said...

Holy smokes!! Poor little guy...I hope it's not too itchy or anything. He's still a cutie. Hang in there Eli!

The Teeples Times said...

Poor little guy! Does it itch? I have actually heard of it, but never seen it. It makes me itch to look at the picture! I hope it goes away soon.