Saturday, January 31, 2009

A January to Remember

Our patio furniture takes on a new purpose during the winter months. It's becomes our official snow measuring device. This picture was taken January 17, 2009.

January 29, 2009. Still snowing.


January 30, 2009. Still snowing.

This morning, January 31, I utilized Chubs to provide a little perspective. In this rare picture, he is actually standing still. Notice how the snow behind him is almost as tall as he is. I've cleared the driveway of at least four inches of snow four of the last five days.

To make the back yard accessable, I used the snowblower to cut a path for the kids.

We're learning that the North Country (that's what the locals call this neck of the woods) is an interesting place to be in the winter. I would say we've got around two and a half feet on the ground right now and we're not even into the month of February. Historically, February has less snow than January, so we'll see how things pan out!

3 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

I am so jealous! I wish we would get some snow here!

Mom and Camera said...

I thought the snow blower path in the backyard was such a great idea. It is a little like a hedge maze only with snow. Those pictures are crazy. I would love to be snowed in for a few days, but not for a month. How are you feeling, Heidi?

The Teeples Times said...

I thought we had snow, but wow, you've got us beat hands down!! I love the path you made. YOu must have an awesome snowblower. Ours would not be able to do the job. The kids look so cute!